I sold it all from crack to opium, in third person
I don't wanna see them, so I'm rehearsing
With my peoples how to G them
From a remote location in the BM
I don't wanna see them, so I'm rehearsing
With my peoples how to G them
From a remote location in the BM
(Jay-z is illustrating his progression from small time drug dealer to essentially a king pin as he is no longer on the streets hustling, but has people on the streets hustling for him. This particular section sets up a scene in which Jay-z is watching his employees make a drug transaction, from a remote location in a BMW.)
( The exchange of drugs leads to money, making drug money somewhat metamorphic as the drugs turn into money)
But one of these buyers got eyes like a Korean, it's difficult to read them
The windows to his soul are half closed , I put the key in
Pulled off slow, hoping my people fleeing
Chink tried to knock the only link that tied me in
Coppers was watching us through nighttime binoculars
This time they got us on tape , exchanging dope for dollars
Make me wanna, holler back at the crib in the sauna
Praying my people bailed out like Time/Warner
Awaiting a call, from his kin not the coroner
Phone in my hand, nervous confined to a corner
Beads of sweat, second thoughts on my mind
How can I ease the stress and learn to live with these regrets
This time
( Jay-z experience in dealing drugs leads alarms his intuition, as he does not trust his potential buyer later concluding that he is a "Fed" and he and his employees have been set up. Jay-z can only hope that his employees intuition led them to flee the transaction as he did, as he is awaiting a phone call from the them to confirm their well being).
No comments:
Post a Comment