"So I ball so
hard these people wanna find me
But first people gotta find me
What’s
50 grand to a young brother like me Can you please remind me?
Ball so
hard, this here's crazy
Y’all don’t know that not much phase me
The
Nets could go 0-82 and I look at you like this here's gravy"
The above lyrics are a reference to Jay-Z, part own of the New
Jersey Nets, being fined by NBA commissioner David Stern due to
tampering violations, concerning his visit to the Kentucky Wildcats
basketball team. Consequently, Jay-Z was fined 50 thousand dollars. The
above lyrics ultimately appear to be a smack in the face to David Stern,
expressing his opinion that his wealth is so abundant that losing 50k
ultimately didn't do much in hurting his wallet.
"Ball so hard, this here's weird
We ain’t even s’pose to be here
Ball so hard, since we here It’s only right that we be fair
Psycho, I’m
liable to go Michael Take your pick
Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6"
These lyrics are concerned with the irony of Jay-Z being a success
story considering he grew up in the Marcy Projects and sold crack
cocaine to generate a healthy income. In addition, Jay-Z makes reference
to the success of the different Michael's in pop culture including Mike
Tyson and Michael Jordan,
believing that he's achieved the same level of success that they have.
Ultimately, the Jay-Z verse in this song is concerned with the irony and
unlikelihood of his success, feeling as though he is entitled to "ball"
because of how hard and how resilient he has been in achieving his
success.
-Review done by Dominick
jay is my all time favorite rapper he has been since his first disc "reasonable doubt". To me that was his best album. I probably listened to that cd a thousand times and it can never get old. I love all his cds but that one is my favorite.
ReplyDelete