Monday, March 5, 2012

Feel Inside - Mary J. Blige Ft. Nas Decoded

"I wanna make you happy
But you just don’t see it
I wanna be around, babe
But I’m so tired of competing
We say all the wrong things
Till we make each other cry
What are we doing?
Will it ever get better?
My heart, my soul
I gave, it’s yours
I can’t get back
All the things that I lost
Boy, I love you
But you’re pushing me away


I gave you everything that I got
Watched my feelings walk on by
Ever get sick of trying?
This is how I feel inside
I feel inside"


This is the 2nd verse of the song "Feel Inside" and it is sang by Mary J. Blige. As you can see she is speaking to her significant other and she is clearly fed up in the relationship and "sick of trying". Many people can relate to this song because if you have ever been in a relationship then usually there comes a point when you do feel this way, which makes this song very easy to relate with. Typically in a relationship, one person always ends up getting hurt worse than the other, and it is usually because they gave their all...rather than their partner who did not put their all into the relationship.
Mary J. Blige is known for her powerful and amazing vocals and Nas is a great lyricist as well, so the two together are an explosive combination. This song recently just came out and has already been catching a lot of attention.


-Review done by Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment